Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Visa Billboard Design

For one of my illustration classes we had to come up with a design for a billboard that would catch the viewers eye within four seconds. We could either do an ad for Visa or Kodak, I decided to go with a Visa advertisement. This project had to be painted (which isn't my favourite medium..) so I went with a simpler design. I chose the famous castle from Disney World with fireworks going off in the background hoping to draw attention from the viewers. We were limited to a maximum of four words, so I chose "Experience it". The final product was completed on a 7.25" x 15.5" board.

Here is my first step:
Step 1
When I was painting the castle I thought just the plan white silhouette with the rough bottom looked pretty cool, but not good enough for a final product.

Step 2:
Step 2
I was pretty happy with the way everything was coming along, especially the text

Step 3:
Step 3
The big white rectangle in the corner is for the visa logo, the colours for that were pretty tricky to mix.

Step 4: Finished Product
Final Product
The fireworks were a bit tricky to illustrate.. I have never had to paint them before. I am fairly pleased with the way this came out thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment